TV 5 Monde

 My current favourite chanel - err, channel- on television is TV 5 Monde, Asie. I have been now a watcher for about 2 years. I discovered it during the pandemic, thanks to my wife who used to watch a serial each Friday. I got hooked too.

each evening, they have a serial or a film, usually French, with English subtitles. The reason I like it is because the movies explore themes that are typically not touched on by either Bollywood or Hollywood. Teen issues, children's issues, immigrant problems, are all woven into the storylines. 

The detective type serials are also more down-to-earth, without the swashbuckling style of some American serials. More understated, Hercule Poirot type, if you know what I mean. Plan to keep watching these, usually 3-4 evenings a week.


No comments:

Music Program- Lata and Asha Duets

 Interesting one- I like duets in public programs, as there is more variety, and at least one singer is likely to be good. This was also goo...

These Were Liked a Lot