Naseeruddin Shah Again!

 To my great fortune, I saw him back to back this month, in two plays at Ranga Shankara. This one, Dear Liar, had him playing George Bernard Shaw (not Shah, as the first exchange of dialogue pointed out).

It's almost an out-of-the-world experience to watch someone like him perform, and I will not try to describe it. This play is based on an exchange of letters between him and his long-standing lover (extra-marital) of 44 years. Ratna Pathak Shah complemented him beautifully in the other role.



A lot of references to Pygmalion, Shaw's most famous play, and how she auditioned for the part, and made it a big success. Lovely repartee, humour, and use of the language. Enjoyed it thoroughly, and will check one more thing off my bucket list- though I had forgotten to put it there! Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro!

No comments:

Drishyam- The Conclusion- Film Review

 Saw the third and final part of this film in a theatre. Good acting, direction. Keeps you gripped, and the suspense is so good it can go ei...

These Were Liked a Lot