Birthday Greens

It is definitely not the blues. Could be greens, or new green shoots that seem to appear from somewhere to brighten up the day, or many days. Had a great time meeting many classmates at a wedding of a friend's daughter, and then met a few old students, and another old friend, and went golfing- all in the space of a few days. Also a week or two earlier, met some grand-kids at Grandmama's Cafe where we had a rehearsal of cutting my birthday cake. I got the royal treatment from Shatakshi and Varun (literally, Shahi Tukda) at their place a day before D Day! That's the first pic-

 Another first was getting some Make-up on , with my own special artist- the bride's friend- before the wedding! After all, we had to keep pace with the lovely young lady!



Above- a first batch student of Kirloskar, Savitha, and I.

 Above- Wedding guests with the well-dressed host at the centre.

 Gatherings at the wedding.


 Earlier meetups.. Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad, etc.






There was a lot of banter, reminiscing, gossip, and some enlightening (for me, at least) conversation thrown in. I tried acknowledging all the facebook birthday wishes, and gave up after a while- there were just too many to handle. So I just went into a group mode to thank all those who took the pains. It was a few hundred, ranging from Lithuania and the U.S., to Kolkata (in spite of Durga Puja) and the rest of India.

What I do enjoy the most is catching up with people in person, so I was happy to do a bit of that in the last couple of months. The old ad of Thums Up- Food, Friends and Thums Up, can cure any blues. Adrak wali chai bhi ho sakti hai, instead of Thums Up (Shatakshi, are you listening?).

No comments:

Accountability

What is accountability? There is none in an autocracy, unless the King feels it is needed.  Bu there is shame, or should be, in any system o...

These Were Liked a Lot