Studies collated by the database say you tend to be happier if you:
- Are in a long-term relationship- 25 and counting!
- Are actively engaged in politics- I wish i'd thought of this.
- Are active in work and in your free time
- Go out for dinner- I am going out today.
- Have close friendships (though happiness does not increase with the number of friends you have). 1500 on Facebook and fifteen in real life.
And there are some surprising findings:
- People who drink in moderation are happier than people who don't drink at all.- Thums Up!
- Men tend to be happier in a society where women enjoy greater equality. I doubt this.
- Being considered good looking increases men's happiness more than it does women's. Who's complaining?
- You tend to be happier if you think you're good looking, rather than if you actually, objectively speaking, are. Easy to do! Will follow this diligently!
- Having children lowers your happiness levels, but your happiness increases when they grow up and leave home. Yipee. They are grown up!