India Wins a World Cup

 Not bad, and congratulations. But to put things in perspective, only around 12 countries regularly play cricket. Most cricket boards have no money these days. The rest of the world plays other games. I am not sure of the count, but Soccer (football for common Indians) might be a more popular game, by miles. Others too, I am sure.

I propose that we concentrate more on Golf. We already have a champ or two, like Aditi Ashok, who played Olympics twice, and came within a stroke of winning Bronze in her second Olympics. The men are not bad too, and make a mark from time to time. I know the joy of getting a Hole-in-one. It beats multiple world cup wins..

Or, we could promote Gilli-danda, our ethnic game, since we have the money. How about it? Every galli already has the equipment needed, and I am sure we can dominate the world, after teaching them how to. More inclusive, environment-friendly, and fun to play. I have played it when young. Marbles too.. no, I am not losing my marbles!


No comments:

Khajuraho Temples and Erotic Sculptures

 What beautiful temple architecture! Khajuraho is one of a kind, with many different temples. Very impressive, for their depiction of the ar...

These Were Liked a Lot