My Two Cents on Personal Branding

 For what it's worth, I will share my thoughts on the subject. 


  1. Being an expert counts, so be good, very good, at at least one thing. Could be photography. I know lots of brilliant photographers, and I remember them because of it, whoever they may be otherwise.
  2. Develop a human quality that's memorable-courteous behaviour in these rude times can be one. Kindness towards animals (all, not some) could be another. Maneka Gandhi first became a brand through animal activism.
  3. Be active on whichever forum you choose to be on. Could be a real or social medium. A blog, Twitter, facebook, instagram, LinkedIn,..choose any one, but be regular on the chosen one. 
  4. Multiple dimensions of a personality will help, not hinder. Be an expert at one, but also have multiple interests-that will develop you as a person, and a brand. (Brand Reinforcement). Some people write well ( I have a ghost-writer friend), some sing, and some dance (I have a student who teaches modern dance now). I listen to music-golden oldies in Hindi. Some have an interest in art-drawing, painting etc. and others in cooking! A prof. friend is into Chess-playing.
  5. Meet people when possible. I have benefited from every person I have met, almost. They always have a fresh perspective that you never thought about. Which brings me to the next point. Brand Rejuvenation.
  6. Keep evolving, and learning. Some people change wardrobes. Learning goes deeper, and you can do it through reading, watching good films, TV or OTT shows too.
  7. Keep away from trash, time-wasters (fixed Sports, hateful or propagandist media) and instead DO things-relax, even, or meet a new person. If nothing, go for a walk, or travel solo.
  8. Get a good photographer as a friend, to help you create memories to stand by (I have appointed Kanika Mhendiratta, my former student-she's on her way to click some pics!). Take a lot of pics yourself, and share them.
  9. Last tip. Keep records, or archives of your journey. (Brands with a long memory of their history are valued more). A diary, if possible. 

A shorter video version of this is available at the link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR03jSS4JVs78nDFqLEtUb5Vs9P1WHxmzRBHH-FyhbPoP-PPN-Z00rwQv-o&v=FdBOh4JntM4&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Work Travels in Delhi and Maharashtra

 We had a rather hectic week, first at an admission fair in Pragati Maidan, Delhi. We met a few prospective students and counseled them to a...

These Were Liked a Lot