Mystic Midnights

Rather, Midnights with the Mystic. That is the title of a book written by a fan of one of the new gurus of the current age who is a rage- his name is Jaggi Vasudev. Even if you don't like gurus, this guy is worth listening to. He speaks well, and is intelligible to people like us. Don't know if he cuts any ice with the masses.

A fan of his from Atlanta had a series of conversations with him when he visited her house. The gist of these conversations is what the book is about. I have heard him speak on TV, and seen him playing golf at Chennai (he was with a group ahead of us). I think he is a cool guy. His explanations of many things in life make a lot of sense (to me), as in there are no gaping holes in the logic, or let me say, mostly believable stuff about yourself, the higher self that remains unrealized mostly, and how to get there from here.

This fan is a white woman based in Atlanta. I think she is a real estate person with a long list of diseases or disorders that she had before she met Jaggi Vasudev, and which she doesn't have now. The Isha Yoga program of the guru is credited with making the difference.

The book is nicely written (the usual questions are answered succintly), and worth a read. Even a visit to the Dhyana Lingam (I happened to visit when I went to Coimbatore a few years ago for a lecture), a dome at the foothills of some mountains in the Nilagiris is soothing.

No comments:

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot