Being Interviewed by AG

I can imagine a certain someone who is about to be interviewed by Arnab Goswami (AG, with almost the same firepower as the CAG). If I were to be that one, I'd be quivering in my boots (just a turn of phrase, it could be chappals too). If I may let my imagination loose, it might go something like this-

AG: So, Mr. Nargundkar, you teach marketing, eh?
Me: Uh, (stammer, stammer),..

AG: The nation wants to know, how does marketing as a function contribute to society? If you look at the huge wastage of resources spent in making useless products that nobody wants to buy, and then spending huge amounts of rupees in advertising those, and the rage among the unwashed masses that it unleashes, spilling over into countless,...
Me: (stammer), ...Uh, ..I agree. It's a total waste.

AG: Oh, you do, do you? And what do you propose to do about it? The nation...
Me: ..would want to know, obviously.

AG: And what do you propose to do exactly, Mr. Nargundkar?
Me: (visibly shaken): Mr. Goswami, I will immediately buy a muffler.

AG (surprised): How does that help anything? The nation wants to..
Me: ..know, I know. Brand identity..I will become AAP, just as a cap made me Anna, so a muffler would make me Kejri, and I can drive all the marketing guys up the wall, by staging protest dharnas outside their offices. And through your channel, the nation will know that I mean business, not 'marketing.' What more does the nation want to know?


5 comments:

smita said...

Good one sirji:)

Vijay said...

Good One Sir:)

Rajendra said...

Thank you, Smita and Vijay. The readership of this post shows how popular AG is.

Shraddha Nigdikar said...

Hilarious!.. much buzz was made about RG post "The interview of the century" however no one gave AG his due credit.
Thank you!
:)

Rajendra said...

Thank you, Shraddha. He is an icon, like him or not.

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot