Music and Me

 I have grown up with film music-Hindi. And still love the older songs. Added some ghazal and non-film music due to various influences, but film songs continue to be my first love, due to the longer association. I am a regular radio listener, and as I write this, am listening to Amit Khanna, lyricist, present a special Jaimala on Vividh Bharathi.

He is most known for songs like Chalte Chalte, mere ye geet yaad rakhna (Bappi Lahiri tuned it), and I like many of his songs from Des Pardes or other Dev Anand films. Dev Anand persuaded him to come into Mumbai, and films.

Songs that made an impact on me were mostly Kishore Kumar in my younger days. It may be a coincidence, but I am only 3 hours from where he grew up-Khandwa.


No comments:

Work Travels in Delhi and Maharashtra

 We had a rather hectic week, first at an admission fair in Pragati Maidan, Delhi. We met a few prospective students and counseled them to a...

These Were Liked a Lot