How to Write a Book

 If you want to write a book, learn from David Ogilvy, I would like to say, in one line. He is forthright, entertaining, and speaks straight from the gut. A joy to read!



I read Ogilvy on Advertising during my MBA in 1982 or so, and was impressed. Then, I read the older Confessions last week, and am even more impressed. He inspired me to take up a job in advertising after MBA. So I can claim to have done so. Even when I teach advertising, I use examples that he quotes. His one-liners (he's originally Scottish, I learnt) are a class apart- "The Consumer is not a moron. She's your wife" being my favourite.

If you have to read just one book on marketing, this would be my recommendation. Pick up Ogilvy's book, any of these two. You won't be disappointed. I also like his emphasis on research. That it came from working with and observing Dr. Gallup himself I did not know till last week.

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot