3 Idiots

The unseemly controversy over the story credits has not stopped 3 idiots from becoming a big hit. Chetan Bhagat does have writing skills that connect with the masses. The same can be said of Rajkumar Hirani who made two brilliant films caled Munnabhai MBBS and Lage Raho Munnabhai.

I have not seen the movie yet, but will see it because it was shot in my alma mater, IIMB. It would be good to revisit the campus anytime. But coming back to author's dilemmas, usually authors are not treated very well by the film fraternity in India is what I feel- I am not referring to the current film here, because I really don't know what happened. The mediocrity of most stories used for films is amazing. It cannot be due to the dearth of good writers. I see old movies (I just saw Ram aur Shyam, and Bobby again) and there were good stories in them. Rather than copying a Hollywood script, film-makers should encourage original writing for their movies. Some examples even in recent times are Lagaan, Jodhaa Akbar, and Gangster.

2 comments:

கிறுக்கல்கள்/Scribbles said...

I just come across your blog. It is really interesting. I could sense some intellectuality in your writings.
Good keep writing.
Sampath

Rajendra said...

Thank you, I will.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot