Dabong

Dabong- The Fearful

Like Dabangg, the fearless, this is the story of a fearful guy. The guy is always fearful. He lives, breathes, eats, sleeps fear. But what is he afraid of? Let’s find out.

Interviewer: Mr. Dabong, what makes you scared?

Dabong: Everything around us is so scary. Climate change, rising vegetable prices, rising FISH prices..I dread the day that the Rohu and the Hilsa go outside my reach. I am also scared of our roads, the traffic, the rising population..

I: But everyone says we are going to get a demographic dividend out of our country’s population.

D: Not if they are all morons and murderers. Look at the newspaper headlines.

I: But there are saints and cricket players too.

D: (Looking really scared) Don’t even talk about cricket. The amount of illegal betting that goes on, and match fixing. The other day, someone mistook me for an IPL cricketer, and tried fixing me!

I: Look Mr. Dabong, there are always a few rotten apples in any society. But we are surely doing better than Tunisia, or Egypt, or Russia?

D: Yes, that I will agree with, but in Bengal we can compete very well with these countries that you mentioned. We think we are living in the British Raj, though it ended decades ago.

I: Hmm, but you still have Mamatadi who will change things for the better!

D: Yes, if the red flags don’t get the better of her.

I: Well, what do you think of today’s films?

D: I wish they had a script. Not at all like the sixties, and the seventies. Uttam Kumar, Suchitra Sen..they were in some great movies.

I: And TV Serials?

D: I am worried sick about what the reality shows will do next. Why do they go on and on torturing people like in the Big Boss?

I: Torturing? Why do you say that?

D: Imagine living with and having to see Veena Malik and Shweta Tiwari without makeup? Must be like a horror show!

No comments:

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot