Milestones

IMT Nagpur hosts its annual fest, Milestone 35, soon. In preparation, there is an internal competition called Milestone 34. This just concluded last week. This week, there are two more events- a sports competition called Rann Bhoomi, comprising 13 teams and many sports, like Baddy, Cricket, tennis, Throwball, Football, etc. But the interesting part is that it is integrated with an alumni get-together across all batches, called Melange. A big turnout of alumni from all over the country is arriving, to celebrate togetherness with their alma mater, and their juniors. These events can be very emotional, as anyone who has attended one of their own can attest. IMT has a few entrepreneurial acts to its credit, like a cooperative store managed by students, and a Frost 'n Fun outlet, a Snooker facility and a Laundry, run entrepreneurially on campus.

Talking of milestones, this blog has reached one too. Over 5000 views. Though it started somewhat uncertainly, I have managed to continue this activity over about 3 years, because I like its nature of sharing in a stress-free environment at my own pace. I admit I am sometimes scared by Facebook, with its in-your face style of communicating, though I have found several long-lost friends, students and occasionally, family through it. Occasional comments from readers let me know if I connect, so keep them coming. I have been surprised by unexpected references to this blog by some friends I meet. I did'nt know they read it!

2 comments:

Harimohan said...

Wow! Way to go Professor saab. Keep blogging away!

Rajendra said...

Thanks, Hari, I think you were the one who inspired me to start it.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot