Cellphone Etiquette

A cellphone, though useful sometimes, is the most invasive tool ever invented by mankind, heat-seeking missiles included. Here are some tips for its use on me.

I am not a teenager and you are not my girlfriend. Therefore, I am not waiting for your call. Sorry, I got better things to do (eat, sleep, work, blog, golf, stare into space etc.), so if possible, stay away from your cell- and DON'T call me. Note: This does not apply to about 6 people. And, I KNOW who they are. You can guess who.

If you have to call, be prepared for my not wanting to answer. It's my cell, and my prerogative. Some days, I may not charge it, if I don't want to. Obama will not stop bombing Syria if I pick up your call.

I have some email IDs that could be accessible if you try and find out. Please send me a note explaining why I should talk to you. I will think about it.

Don't ever try to sell on the cell to me. I most likely will never buy from you after that. Even if it's a free holiday to Hawaai.

SMS was invented for Dodos to send relatively less invasive messages. Use it. And wait for a reply. It may happen in a minute, or a day, or a week. You did your job by sending it. (Yes, I know the Dodo is supposed to be extinct. I am still not sure.)

1 comment:

Anil Kshatriya said...

Telemarketing has made it Sell-Phone and Mob-ail ...

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot