Gandhiji and His Relevance

Firstly, let me clarify that I have limited knowledge of the details of Gandhiji's life, so the following observations or thoughts could be termed half-baked. I also do not agree with him on everything he did or inspired. Now, you may read on.

He had a sense of humour, which I don't see around in too many people, who are self-righteous about trivial things, and easily offended.

He had an interest in reading and writing. My autobiography is a lift (inspired?) from his- I just called it half-truths instead of truth. Not sure if anyone does any of these two things these days.

He lived simply. I know no one wants to these days.

He walked a lot. Car manufacturers may have a tough time if more people learn to do so.

He tried to be truthful. Need I say anything on this?

2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

Never since reading about him in elementary school have I heard the term 'loin cloth' (which apparently he utilized - said cloth - not the term- assiduously) - Ralphie are you listening?

Harimohan said...

Reading his autobiography right now. Will add some vignettes after I am done. But one thing is clear in the half that I read - that he lived a life of constant struggle in his attempt to understand truth as he perceived it. Such as trembling with fear when required to make public speeches but still showing up and and attempting to do so. Also he had no faith in allopathy and used homeopathy and hydropathy and such other forms.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot