Medicine for Stress

Actually, it is not a curative, but a preventive medicine. I hate to sound like a salesman on a TV promotional show for medicine, but don't worry. You don't have to go buy anything. Just hear me out. If you don't like what I am saying, you can leave nasty comments.

My new theory (2013, copyrighted but free for use)-

Stress comes from non-acceptance. Some comments, judgements, relationship break-ups, what have you, that we don't want to accept. That is the major cause of (undesirable levels of) stress.

Solution? Accept. Simple? Not really, but could be effective. Accept and move on. If you know yourself (that's a tough one, there), the acceptance of the adverse will result in the effect of the adverse stuff waning pretty quickly.

Try it. No, I am not into starting a cult, and I am NOT accepting disciples. Contrary to my advice, maybe.

5 comments:

ಭಾಶೇ said...

Wow! So simple yet so difficult!

Rajendra said...

Yes, Sowmya, my hunch is most of us don't try it. I am sure it would work, from (some) experience.

Diamond Head said...

variations to the theme - Accept and Move Out, or Accept and Move In. But yes generally acceptable theory!

Rajendra said...

Thank you for accepting without dissecting.

SK said...

Acceptance is the most difficult thing for most of us and that's the rub. But I agree. This sounds like the only way to go on happily with the many bricks and bats that life throws at one. Accept, collect, and play with them ��

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot