Why I Hate Self-service

Self-service is a non-starter, as far as I am concerned.

First of all, the meaning of service is that the service-person is dedicated to serve me, the customer. If I am serving myself, what is he there for? Serving himself?

I end up buying more of everything I don't need, because of these *&* damn self-service retail stores. Who will pay me for all the wasteful expenditure?

The self-service concept dumbs down the service-people. Try conversing with a bookstore service-person in a book store, and you'll know what I mean. Do we want them to reach the IQ levels of a McD service-person in the U.S??

I hate to do my own work, when I don't have to. If I look for products, order them online, pay for them myself, and collect them at my doorstep myself, what are the service people doing? Or instead of royally hailing a cab or an autorickshaw (tuk-tuk),, if I have to spend many minutes booking it, and then explaining to the cab guy where to find me, I am not exactly thrilled by the experience.

Say NO to self-service. I would have started a movement against it, but then, that would be another exercise in self-service...


No comments:

Work Travels in Delhi and Maharashtra

 We had a rather hectic week, first at an admission fair in Pragati Maidan, Delhi. We met a few prospective students and counseled them to a...

These Were Liked a Lot