Anniversary Thoughts

No, not the wedding anniversary, but of being here (Planet i, as we like to call it)- 5 years, out of 58 on the planet. Long time, no move. I think it's because of the constant newness of what happens around here, that it seems like a new place each year, while remaining comfortingly familiar. Of course, the students are new each year, and bring in a good part of the freshness..the sheer variety of things I have seen/done too. New faculty (around 60 added since I came), the countries I have visited since I came here (Vietnam was tops, closely followed by Cambodia, Japan and Indonesia), discovering how to play Golf on a cricket field, the Conference we did here with NASMEI, teaching exec. students in Mumbai, stints as MDP chair, and Dean Faculty and tea-time conversations in the corridor, developing new courses on Tourism and Digital Marketing, writing papers with IPM students and FPM students, the Google Online Challenge were some of the highlights of these five years. Oh, yeah, getting wi-fi as a result of my suggesting it 5 years ago too.

 Out in the open..campus views.


 Inside my office with re-united roomie after 1989.
Playing Baaz Bahadur at Mandu, my favourite destination near Indore.

No comments:

Learnings Over 40 Years

 The first step after my MBA in 1984 was into advertising, and then into Marketing Research. Followed by a trip to the U.S. that lasted 5 ye...

These Were Liked a Lot