Anopheles and I Discuss Corona

Not the beer, but the virus, also called COVID-19. Anopheles, as some of you know, is my female friend from the mosquito world. She and I have chatted before about many things that affect both our worlds.

Anopheles: Hello again!

I: Hi, long time no see..where have you been?

A: Nowhere in particular, just chilling and staying at home..

I: Hey, that's EXACTLY what we are supposed to do now, due to this Corona thing..

A: What Corona thing?

I: Haven't you been watching the news? Oh, sorry, you don't have TV channels..there's this virus. Called the Corona, and passed on by human contact.

A: Oh, so you can't blame it on us mosquitoes like you tend to all the time,..and what caused it to come around with such great force?

I: Trump thinks the Chinese did it while mixing up some exotic sauces.. but they think it was Budweiser trying to copy a Mexican brand of beer!

A: Hilarious! Sorry, I don't mean to be frivolous, but you mean He and Xi are still fighting?

I: (taking a different tack) Well, that's our lot, isn't it? Battle of the Sexes. Who would want to give up on their Superpower status without a fight? (I was now curious)..don't you have fights between Male and Female mosquitoes?

A: Not at all, the males we have are completely useless, and can't do anything well-not even fight. We do all the food-gathering, and educate our kids about what's good and bad!

She said bye at that, and I said, we would meet again, Corona willing.


1 comment:

Diamond Head said...

aab shayad Anopheles ki dushman rani -- Chloro Queen he shayad bachaegi

Fun With Alums- At Home

 Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...

These Were Liked a Lot