Father's Day

 It's funny, but my daughters and I had an impromptu chat over WhatsApp just the other day. So that felt like Father's Day, though their Mother was also a part of it. The father in a typical urban family has been variously described as an ATM, a genie who fulfills every wish of his kids, a provider of bread (and cake?) , and so on. Which is all true, to an extent in a typical family where the mother is a housewife. My parents were both working all their life, so we were atypical, in a sense.

Now both my daughters are independent, more in line with today's women, so I am not really into 'getting them married etc.' It will happen when it has to, as per their wishes. But just reflecting on the years of fatherhood while they were still at home and dependent, it feels like a joyful roller-coaster of the type you see at Disneyland. Disney did a pretty good job of simulating life through those. There are many moments-some captured in photographs and some not-worth remembering. The birth, the birthdays, and the first day of school, or college, for example. Their perspectives on life, from time to time. Boyfriends, and breakups included, these days.

It's a nice experience, with them becoming your technology tutors in return for your teaching them A,B,C.. They did not get me on the blog, but they did get me on facebook, and I am happy they did. I got in touch or maintained touch with so many people, through just fb. 

Just some reflections.  

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot