Forts I Saw

 India has so many forts, and I have seen a few impressive ones, including Fort-palaces which were like cities once. One in France was Mont St. Michael, in Northern France-Brittany- along similar lines. The ones in the U.S. were unimpressive, and small.

Jaisalmer and Jodhpur are probably among the impressive ones I remember, along with Jaipur's Amber Fort. Golconda is also nice to visit.

Others would be Sinhagad near Pune, and one in Kolhapur that I forget the name of. Bekal Fort on the West Coast of India was good too. Have seen the Agra Fort and Delhi's Red Fort and Purana Qila (ruins, mostly) also.

I only saw Solapur's fort and Gingee Fort in Tamilnadu from a distance. While passing by on road trips.

I think Milind Gunaji has written a book about Maharashtra's Forts too. Should read it some day.

No comments:

Khajuraho Temples and Erotic Sculptures

 What beautiful temple architecture! Khajuraho is one of a kind, with many different temples. Very impressive, for their depiction of the ar...

These Were Liked a Lot