Nagpur is Cool

Yeah, I mean it in more ways than one. The first of course, is literal. It is raining almost like Kerala, meaning everyday. Everything is green for miles. And the temperature- I am feeling cold in July. Last year, I had experienced this for the first time, as in my first monsoon here. And mentioned it in my blog, calling it Nagpur as Ooty. It really feels like a hill station right now.

Activities, academic and extra-curricular, are about to peak, what with the classes on full steam. I just got back from a conference on Rethinking The MBA at IIM Ahmedabad. Based on a book by Srikant Datar of Harvard Business School, and led by him, the discussion focused on the experiences of Indian B Schools and what they need to do to survive and reinvent their programs. As it turns out, we are already doing most of these at IMT Nagpur. That's cool, ain't it?

Visited a couple of friends at Mumbai on the way. Got stuck in a massive traffic jam at Ghatkopar-Kurla, and I am happy to be back in Nagpur where such things are unheard of- it is cool in more ways than one.

2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

perhaps their is a Santra Jam in Nagpur? I remember some vague mention of Nagpur being known for its Citrus.

Rajendra said...

The Santra jam is limited to the orange trees. Yes, the citrus here is something to die for, when you get hold of the good ones.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot