Nanda Passes Away

I think I first saw her in the film Gumnaam, the one based on an Agatha Christie story of serial murders of people marooned on an island. Mehmood made it famous with his song Hum kaale hain to kya hua dilwale hain, but Nanda had the female lead, and Helen was the other female character.

After that, I remember seeing her prancing around the trees with Rajesh Khanna in 'The Train,' to the song "Gulabi aankhen jo teri dekhi sharaabi yeh dil ho gaya," one of my favourite Rafi songs. She also had a few good songs picturised on her, like "Kisliye maine pyar kiya,.."

Her other prominent role I remember was in another murder mystery, a songless drama called "Ittefaq" again co-starring Rajesh Khanna. I think she was also one of the three women who wooed Dev Anand in Teen Deviyan.

I am sure there were lots of others, in a long career, but she was elegant on screen, and started off as a child actor, maybe before my time. She will be remembered by those who saw her in the sixties or seventies. 

No comments:

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot