Drama Queen-Suchitra Krishnamoorthi's Book-A Review

Remember the cute heroine of Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, a Shah Rukh film? That's her. Remember Shekhar Kapur married her? And then they divorced? That's her too.She also did her share of pop albums.


Drama Queen takes off a few years after the divorce, and is a rollicking, no-holds-barred look at her life, including her fantasies about killing er girlfriends, Ram Gopal Verma, and her mom in a big blaze, among other things. Written in a completely different style, its novelty may not appeal to everyone. You either will like it or hate it. I did like it, after I got used to her style. Also, I had a soft corner for her because she is Telugu (and I grew up in Gulti-land- not because she is cute).

Her outings with her shrink get a largish, hysterical coverage, and is antithetical to what you may expect after seeing Dear Zindagi where Shah Rukh played a likeable shrink. Her dogs also get lots of cverage, but surprisingly, her mom gets a lot more than her daughter- and it's not reverential, exactly.

All in all, a new-gen storytelling style, and I liked her girlfriend's attempts to do her good by buying her a ..well, I won't give it away.

1 comment:

Harimohan said...

Nice read. Flippant though. Really felt she has more to offer as a writer.

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot