Saying Goodbye

It is known that we will grace the earth for a limited span. That we have to watch people we know and love and respect go, is known to each one of us. That does not necessarily make the parting easy. Sometimes, there is relief, if the person was suffering from a painful malady. But a sadness is inevitable.

I spent my childhood in Hyderabad or thereabouts, and stayed in my aunt's place for a few months while I enrolled in Hyderabad Public School, before they got a hostel-this was a new branch. While there, and after, my Uncle was a great help, both as a role model, and in teaching me how to ride a Luna- the first mass-scale moped sold in India, made by Kinetic-much before the Honda collaboration. He was in good health, full of life, and enthusiastic about sports-cricket included. We met reasonably regularly, and discussed everything under the Sun. Luckily, I also met him around this time last year to celebrate his 85th birthday. Lost him recently, but the great memories will keep me company.

 Above- last year at his 85th, and Below- many years earlier, with my aunt next to him. I am with one of my kids here.


No comments:

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot