Hyderabad Public School

This was HPS Ramanthapur, which I attended from 1972 till 1977, first at its temporary campus in Punjagutta, and then at its permanent location. I learnt many things here, starting from looking after myself -it was residential. Getting by on limited rations apart from the mess food, and the compulsory physical activity kept me healthy and disciplined. Study hours were also fixed, but so were the sports timings. As I played cricket, we actually played a lot on Sundays too. On the rare occasions that we were allowed to go out, I remember seeing some films like Sholay and Shareef Badmash, and Guns of Navarone in the excellent theatres at Hyderabad...lots more came later at Osmania engineering college!

Image result for hps ramanthapur images

Also, the debates, quizzes and library which was well-stocked, kept us engaged. I was reading the news (usually the sports news, because I could also cover our own matches), and that stood me in good stead when I became a reporter who wrote about sports at IIM Bangalore while doing my MBA a few years later. We also had an early exposure to the photography lab, and this got strengthened with a similar lab in college later.

Writing happened on a regular basis after I reached IIM B, and editing a magazine and year book there was an experience I will never forget!

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot