Blasts From the Past

I get recognised fairly often- not because I am a celebrity, but because I have taught at different places in India-perks of teaching, if you will. Usually, this happens in malls, or on the street where I am spotted by an ex-student. Today, it happened at IIM Indore itself, where I met Venkat who used to work at KOEL (not the bird, but Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. at Pune). When I worked at Kirloskar Institute, we had done a BPR consulting project for the group company, and Venkat had coordinated it from KOEL.

He is now a freelancer based out of Bangalore, and consults and teaches. So it was that he came to IIM Indore- to teach Retailing. And that's how we met. Reminded me of that meeting on Bangalore streets with Soumyashree, and in a pub with Mrunal, and in a mall in Bhubaneswar with an IIM Indore student, Rohit Kumar. Bhawana Sahay (IMT alum) in a Hyderabad theatre too, where we saw Newton. I am now getting used to these pleasant surprisesthey are all pleasant, without exception.

Planned meets have their own charm (have had lots of these recently), but these are also great!

No comments:

Fun With Alums- At Home

 Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...

These Were Liked a Lot