Prof AK Rao No More

Just heard from friends that Prof. AK Rao who taught us Operations Research is no more. He was famous for a coastal Andhra accent while teaching it, and we still remember some of the Cake mix problems, though the subject itself was nobody's favourite,. but he was, and that's wonderful, I think. He was always smiling, and friendly, in and out of class, even if you had got a D in his course (I didn't say I did). I once taught O.R. in the US, and mainly due to his course that I had taken before. I had met him during and after his stint as the director of SDM, Mysore. His article for our student mag IMBIBE is also fresh in my mind, because he was sporting enough to write for us editors. Here it is, as a small tribute.





No comments:

Fun With Alums- At Home

 Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...

These Were Liked a Lot