Anopheles and Our Media

 Anopheles came back into reckoning, when she confronted me the other day. It was a quiet evening, but only because my TV was off. Still, she had somehow caught a whiff of the news playing on it the last few weeks. 

As soon as she flew in, she asked pertinently- "Who is Rhea? " 

I said, as truthfully, based on news that was floating around, "She's something like a Black Widow who can do black magic." That threw her off, just a  bit. "What do you mean," she said?

I said, "Well, she can cast a spell from some distance, and make people do something they don't want to."

Anopheles said, "Like what?"

"Anything, you name it." 

"Can she make you dance?" Anopheles knew my shortcomings too well. 

"No, except that, she can do almost anything. She can make you disappear in a jiffy, if she wanted."

"Well, those must be prized skills. Why don't you guys use them to get rid of this cheeky virus that's stopped your world?"

"I think we like the Work From Home idea too much -we'd have to go to office, and drink the horrible canteen chai." I tried frivolity. (my speciality)

"Ha, ha. Don't forget, we can bite you more often at home." She was equal to the task. "But tell me, who is this Rajput guy she hung around with?"

"I really don't know too much. He was an actor, and he was from Bihar- an engineer too, I believe."

"That's depressing." That word triggered something. 

"He was also in a depression," I said. Don't you have such diseases in the mosquito world?

"Certainly not. We are quite busy doing something all the time. And we don't live in the make-believe world like some of you seem to.." with that stinging reply, she flew off to be with her REAL WORLD, leaving me to believe whatever it was that I wanted to..



No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot