Rooftop Restaurants and Me

 The first (enclosed) rooftop restaurant I remember was The Ambassador -it was also revolving, I believe. Topkapi in the Utility Building on MG Road was owned by Amjad Khan, the actor who played Gabbar Singh. 

Abha, an alum friend from IMT, discovered one called Koyla in Colaba within a stone's throw from The Taj Hotel, and Sheetal, she and I had a great dinner meet there before COVID struck. The sea breeze in the evening and a photo op with the Taj illuminated behind us were some other highlights.

Indore had a rooftop restaurant at Papaya Tree, close to the campus of IIM Indore, and we frequented this for the convenience, and decent food. Yesterday, we found one called Toast on the Terrace within walking distance from where I live in Bangalore, and tried it out, with good results. Here is a pic to prove my point. Two ex-colleagues, S.P. Kumar and Manoharan were with me. Ignore the garish colours.



No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot