Hyderabad and Its Influence

 It's a place I spent a lot of time in, and in my formative years too. Therefore, it's had a lot of influence on my food habits. Particularly the love of biryani made there, and Irani chai, and bun-omelettes consumed regularly along with a variety of other snacks, like the small samosas with onion filling.

But beyond food, an attitude towards life. Just as the Goans have their Sussegaad (and I appreciate it), a Hyderabadi also has a unique attitude that is probably described by this phrase better than any other- "Light lelo yaaro.." Nothing is to be taken seriously beyond a point, because...

I think it particularly comes in useful in adverse circumstances which everybody faces in life at times. Looking at it and taking it lightly helps nullify the severity of whatever it is, and keeps you hopeful and balanced, I think. I am grateful to Hyderabad for this and much more. 

3 comments:

Anjali Paruvu said...

Yes! Hum Aisech Bolte!

Diamond Head said...

the last visit we saw Falaknuma compound for the first time.. indeed there are many facets to the old jewel called Hyderabad.

Rajendra said...

Maalum mereku, Anjali. Diamond Head, facetaan bolo miya!

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot