My Ghati Friends

 Maharashtrians are also lovingly called ghatis (from the ghats), just like Malayalis are called Mallus, Gujaratis Gujjus and Telugus, Gulti.. I am also half-gulti, grew up in A.P. But this is about my ghati friends- so here goes.

Here is a sample- 

Meghana Khadilkar, who I am yet to meet. Lives in Pune, with two adorable kids. How do I know? She's active on facebook, that's how. Should meet up sometime.

Kedar Mulay- lives in Thane/Mumbai. And keeps threatening to come to Bangalore- or kept, while I was there - to meet Ishita Modi and me :) 

Pavan Tarawade- an author. No more needs to be said.

Pratima Gaekwad- recently met her through our common love of biryani, after I taught her at IIM Indore.

Kshitija Deshmukh- from Mumbai, a good artist, and former student from an executive PG batch of Indore.

Shraddha Nigdikar- an NRI ghati from Bhopal, who is also into music, cats and cooking. My selfie teacher among other things. I am still learning, Shraddha..

Kiran Kenjale, an NRI in the US. -also called Ken Jolly out there, and believes in All Play and No work- or just a little bit of it. Enjoy life, and travel is his motto. Rubbed off on me a bit- we are friends from childhood.

Manoj Bhide- He's my chaddi buddy too, we played Bridge and Badminton forever in our teens. His mom made us lunch when we camped at his place. Our brothers completed the foursome

Ravi Gadgil. He's more American than ghati, at least accent-wise. My Golf partner, and great company for drinks. Great sales experience too, so was also a Placement Chair at IMT Nagpur, and MDP chair as well.





No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot