Coming Up - Holi and Women's Day

 Two unconnected events falling on the same day. Holi, there's enough said and done each year, so I'll concentrate on the other.

I already did a facebook album with women golfers' pics from my archives. Why I like this subject is because even among Men, Golf is a game only a few people play! These are markers of where women can go. Already, women pilots in commercial airline companies are many in number. Proving yet again, if proof was ever needed, that they can do as well or better than men.

Rakshita, a student at NMIMS Bangalore, tries out Golf.. above.

Continuing on the Golf theme, I found most women-students, faculty or staff colleagues- open to learning Golf, when assured that they didn't need to buy any equipment! I used an old kit that I still use, to train whoever wished to get trained in the basics. And I am happy that all students-male and female- of at least one batch of MBA at NMIMS, and at least two at IMT Nagpur- were given an orientation to the game, and a lot of them enjoyed it and were good at it!

A tiny friend we made at Kodaikanal Golf course was the youngest kid I saw on a Golf course. She was with her Mom, and was sporting enough to try adult-sized clubs to play a few shots! Three cheers to Women in Golf! I also went to my first amateur golf tournament in Thailand thanks to Jogeswari, a former student who was a part of Golftripz, an Indian startup. So there!

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot