Instagram

 I finally joined Instagram, at the urging of a couple of friends. I did not feel the need, so far, but a lot of friends have migrated from facebook. But FB will continue as the mainstay, because I have 3000 plus friends there, at least a third of whom are active.. we old-world buddies. And a few great communities I am a part of on fb too. The latest on fb is a page dedicated to fans of MAD magazine- the funniest satirical mag!

I am a late convert to tech platforms anyway. I find a real bookstore far more invigorating, and still buy books from the brick and mortar ones. So also most shopping, except where absolutely necessary. Convenience is good, up to a point. But we also need physical exercise, and social interaction with the sabziwala, or other humans, to keep us sane. 

The impact of social media has been tremendous. I look at it as a tool to meet people also, not just remain in conversations online. To a large extent, I have succeeded too. LinkedIn has also helped build new connections. So I am not complaining. Just pondering..

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot