Posts on Social Media and Oscars

Luckily (for me and my audience), social media did not exist in my days of graduation. Else, you would have been subjected to some such messages-

I thank my brother, sister, maid who fed me regularly without fail, and my parents who woke me up in time to catch the school bus, friends on the bus who kept me amused on the long ride, and my teachers at school who only chose the best age-appropriate nursery rhymes for my class,.... for my successful completion of Class 1. I have graduated to Class 2 with flying colours, and I hope to replicate my success there.

.. and so on.

And of course, eulogies to your spouse, to add some spice to her/his life, and that of the readers..

Thanks, my love, for your unlimited patience in dealing with my whimsical behaviour. You always believed in me, and took care of my smallest needs, not once complaining about my numerous character flaws. How you did that, I don't know. Without you, I would be lost, a speck of insignificant sand in the Universe. Thanks for being my guiding light.. love you forever..to the Moon and back!

Oscar thanksgiving speeches have lost their sheen, for a reason..

2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

Let me use this social platform to also suggest that for a Prof you are so Hot or Cool or whichever end of the temp gage is in vogue these days.

Rajendra said...

Ha ha, makes me want to launch into a thank you speech, but I'll spare you this time..

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot