Best Presentations

What were your best presentations, according to you?

I can remember two or three from my student days-

1. During my MBA days, we made a presentation for Prof. SK Roy's OB course. It was the review of a book called The Tyranny of Testing-a book about why IQ type multiple Choice Tests may not be the best way to test many good things. We worked hard (it was a group presentation), and I remember we did get a lot of applause.

2. The second was a solo by me, for another course, Effective Communication during MBA at IIM Bangalore. I chose Romantic Poets as my theme, and with the aid of Keats, Shelley, Byron and so forth, made a very interesting presentation, I was told by some of the audience.

3. A third that I remember was during a Project Management assignment in a Ph.D. course at Clemson. We decided to present CPM and PERT through a project that James Bond had-On Her Majesty's Secret Service. We watched the film's video and made a PERT chart out of it.

Presentations can be an interesting learning tool, that you may remember long after the lectures have been forgotten.

3 comments:

Diamond Head said...

I recently presented a powerpoint on Bitcoin. To a group of people who manage the world's largest electronic payment network. It was well received but I personally like to get away from slides and just engage in a conversation with the audience.

Harimohan said...

The James Bond idea is brilliant. I am also fascinated by the presentation on romantic poets - I don't understand both - romance and poetry.

Rajendra said...

Thanks, Hari..it was a romantic idea back then..understanding it is a different thing altogether.

DH, Bitcoin is a bit of a puzzle, really..all currency is virtual, as far as I am concerned, if you are not a Buffet or an Ambani..

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot