Kannadigas in my Life

I have had a lot of them, starting from Kempaiah, the security guard at IIMB in my student days. Not sure if the creators of bonda and chai there (Uncle and Aunty) were locals, but I guess they were. Shailaja was a friend from childhood, whom I also met in Bangalore and Mumbai later.

At Kirloskar Institute, Haihar, almost the entire non-teaching staff was local, and most are connected  to me even today- Pavan and his wife Jamuna, Yuvaraj, Rajesh, Raghavendra, Karibasappa, Parameshwarappa, Mahboob, Rajsekhar, Veena are some of them. We had regular parties when these guys were bachelors, and attended some of their weddings. I also met Jayasimha, my current colleague, there first. Sudir, a student from VJIM, also worked there briefly.

At PESIT, of course, it was mainly the faculty colleagues- Manasa, S.P. Kumar, Shahida, and lots of students, some of whom I have bumped into now and then, like Soumyashree Gonibeedu, Mrunal, and Umesh. Many more are connected on social media-Manasa Bharadwaj, Roopashree, Chaitra,... At IFIM Business school again, it was a combo of staff, students and faculty, and I have met a few recently when I went back to visit Bangalore-Bharath Shenoy, for instance, who was a student there.

At IIM Indore, it has been colleagues Ganesh, Jayasimha, and the Chiefs of Admin. present and past, mainly. Students are in smaller numbers, Neha Adiga and Arshia being two that I remember, apart from Manjunath and Saumya.

They all have a few sterling qualities, from what I have seen. They make good friends, and are quiet, non-aggressive people who excel at whatever they put their mind to. I have been fortunate also to have lived among them a long 14 years in all- Harihar for 7 and Bangalore for an equal number if I count my student days and working years.

No comments:

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot