Photography

Photography has been a hobby ever since I was the subject of photographs thanks to my parents, and started clicking one or two pictures myself. First it was the 120 roll, black and white, and then came other sizes of film. INDU and ORWO brands of film were the popular ones, and Agfa Click cameras. I also learnt how to develop and print photos.

This is a shot of my wife (right) in her young days.. I have many from that era too.



Then, Hotshot cameras came in, and made picture-taking easy, with Aim and Shoot (pre-focused for a wide range) cameras. After that, I started on a journey of sorts with a Pentax camera bought from a friend in Delhi. Colour films happened in between around 1983, and Colour Labs charged around Rupees 5 for a print. 36 print-rolls were common then, with Sakura being a prominent brand, and Kodak the other. I had also bought a Canon camera promoted by Andre Agassi as a model. Many of my pics in the U.S. and Europe were shot with this.

This explains my tryst with photography, before digital cameras took over, and then mobile cameras.

No comments:

Work Travels in Delhi and Maharashtra

 We had a rather hectic week, first at an admission fair in Pragati Maidan, Delhi. We met a few prospective students and counseled them to a...

These Were Liked a Lot