Year-end Rambling

 Not that you cannot do it at other times, but year-end is a good time to ramble about what has been, could have been, and should be (in the year to come). For me, most of this year 2021, actually all of it, has been a homecoming of sorts. I came back to Bangalore after many years, having left it in 2009 November for IMT Nagpur. Came back as the head of the NMIMS campus on Bannerghatta Road, just a few kilometres from my alma mater IIM Bangalore. Of course, the pandemic of Corona was something to contend with.

So began my strangest journey yet- an institute with no students at the campus. Of course, I had a lot of faculty and staff colleagues, and we got to spend quite a lot of time together. As usual, it was nice making new friends and acquaintances, and meeting old ones from Bangalore- old students in particular, while we waited for our own to get back. 2022, most will be back, and I already have met a few in class and outside it, at small events we conducted for Rank holders etc.. Hoping life will be even more interesting once all of them are back.

Used this time to meet some of our alumni one on one, and having long conversations. Alumni have plenty at stake in their alma mater, and will come up with interesting ideas, as I discovered in all my interactions, and not just here. 







Also found where one can teach Golf, right in our own backyard, Hoping this will give NMIMS Bangalore an edge over competition, as we can train any interested student in the basics of Golf right here- I think I am a qualified trainer, having done this in IIM Indore and IMT Nagpur- we actually had built two greens there. 

All in all, an interesting year, with lots more to come in 2022.

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot