Caselets on People- 4

 These are a few colleagues at NMIMS Bangalore, which I headed from November 2020 till Oct. 2022- the peak of COVID (2nd wave) included. Came out unscathed thanks to some of them too.

Narayani

Not sure where she gets her energy from, but she is indefatigable, like another colleague I had before. MBA chair, but also my successor as Campus head at Bangalore (NMIMS). Very meticulous note-taker, and therefore effective in writing up, documenting things. Wish her all the best in running the campus. I am sure she will run it better than I did.

Prerona

She was hired when we were in near-dire straits in the Economics area, and she proved her mettle, after being thrown into leading the program as a chairperson.. baptism by fire. Very level-headed, pleasant to work with, and a budding Golfer!

Archana

My secretary at Bangalore. Coincidentally, she has the same name as my secretary at IMT Nagpur. She is very calm, and despite a personal tragedy during COVID, has done well to recover and back her kids- one has gone to study in the U.S. 

Vishnu Bhat

With a name like that, you can't go wrong. He has ably managed admin. at Bangalore campus, including the tough job of coordinating with Head office for various approvals. The hostels too, though they are outsourced. Invaluable in my stint as director at NMIMS Bangalore.

Ekalavya

Rock-solid on placements, he has actually set up the processes and the relationships with corporates from scratch. No wonder the alumni hold him in great respect. Helped me meet up with quite a few alums and current placecom teams during my stint. The success of the MBA program rests on his shoulders to a large extent.


No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot