Arresting Stuff

Arresting has many meanings. But the one meaning that's become popular these days refers to the thing that cops do to you. Used to be that we thought arrests are for crimes such as murder, rape, burglary, and what have you. Or at least cheating. But no. Events are proving how outdated we are. Like with everything else, arrests have evolved.

Now, if I don't like your face (book) I can have you arrested. And the cops are only too happy. I empathise with them too. Who would want to be in the company of cheaters and murderers all day, every day? They also deserve to spend some time with nice folks such as you and me (an important assumption is being made, I know).

But what beats me (an avid mystery reader at that), is this. How did the non-friends find out what was meant for the eyes of 'friends' only? Can anyone solve this mystery for me, please?

4 comments:

Harimohan said...

With so much focus on crimes perpetrated by social media (which is my opinion seems like another planet compared to our real world) maybe its high time they had some 'virtual arrest' feature in the social media space. There can be no punishment worse than keeping social media addicts away from their addiction for a while - so that's one way. Or they can find ways to make all their interesting and important posts disappear or something like that! Or even worse, make all 'likes' and 'comments' disappear! That would be some seriously arresting stuff. As for the 'friends' - Mukesh knew about these types when he sang 'Dost dost na raha..' way ahead of the facebook days!

Rajendra said...

Virtual arrest actually seems like fun!

Meghna said...

Thanks to this new phenomenon, we may now have to develop mind reading skills. Clearly I cannot express what I want to, but I want you to know and thus you will have to figure on your own what was it that I wanted to say, on Face Pustak or elsewhere!

Rajendra said...

Which is not bad. The other day, I landed up at an old friend's house near mine, and discovered they were moving to Gurgaon on that day..must have been telepathy. If only we can also teleport too, traffic will cease to be a concern.

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot