Nagpur and More

Don't know why, but coming to IMT Nagpur feels like coming home- hope my wife is not reading this, sitting in Pune. But jokes aside, it is a homely feeling on campus. I can understand the pangs of students who have to go away after spending just two years here. I am also reminded of some 'professional students'-mostly Indians on American campuses who did not want to leave the campus, and continued to enroll in some program so they could continue living there.

I was recently in two other campuses-Bangalore and Kolkata IIMs- in my quest for faculty to join us. They also had a unique feeling to them, though my stay was only a part of a day. Of course, I did spend almost two years in my avatar as a PGDM student at IIMB many years before. We played Frisbee footer then. Nagpur also has golf, if one is so inclined. But it does not matter much what the physical facilities are. It is the feeling of being away from the so-called 'real world' of anxieties, EMIs and all, that gives you incredible peace-barring placement season, if you are a student, of course.

I also find faculty here more at peace compared with those in bigger cities-including Bangalore! Maybe the monks got it right when they built monasteries in inaccessible places. I am afraid I might become a monk (without a Ferrari) if I stay too long!


3 comments:

Diamond Head said...

Jagjit saab had a ghazal called -

'Monk'ey baat kahi meine (no puns intended)

Rajendra said...

Monk ne sun li aapke man ki baat.

Dr. Seven said...

Time to drink some Old Monk.

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot