Growing Out or Outgrowing

You grow out of many things, or outgrow many things- like your clothes.

Your tastes change- in food, for instance. I never liked pumpkin when I was young. Now I enjoy the vegetable- yeah, I know, I am giving away secrets. Eggplant Moussaka, I grew into, when I had it in Greece-it is yummy, if you haven't tried it.

In music, they haven't changed a lot. No, that's not right. In (Hindi) film music they haven't changed. Kishore Kumar is there still, right at the top. In non-film music, they have. Jagjit Singh, Ghulam Ali, Mehdi Hasan, Pankaj Udhas, they all came later in life and became life-long friends. The radio remains a favourite medium to listen to music, though the karaoke mike helps for self-expression at times.




Writing by hand is almost forgotten, and typing it is, for now, until thought-readers come in.

Photography is still a hobby, but with a know-all camera where I rarely set anything (aperture, focal length), except the zoom, maybe. The selfie, I am still trying to learn (Shraddha, you have to be patient!).

Taste in people has remained more or less the same- genuine people, of any age. They have all enriched me in various ways. And yes, people who smile more than scowl.

I have outgrown, largely, the lecture method of teaching..never liked it much, with rare exceptions of one or two teachers who had my attention during college/school years.

Writing, I may never outgrow- I am a complete addict. So watch out, readers..





No comments:

Fun With Alums- At Home

 Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...

These Were Liked a Lot