Karaoke- An Invention I Like

For years, we have had small booklets that contained Hindi film songs (lyrics) by some category-usually, by singer. I have a couple. If you had to sing a song, you could look up the lyrics and do it.
The music would not be around.

With a karaoke mic, you have both the music and the lyrics available, and you can look at the lyrics on the monitor and sing along. Many of these are called Sing-along mics. In my view, it has democratised singing, and added life to many a party. It brings in enthusiastic participation after an initial hesitation, and I have seen lots of people totally enthused and practising their favourite songs. I have also discovered singers through this process, among close friends and others. Some pics of karaoke parties we have had- in the family, it is a regular affair..we consider ourselves The Sound of Music-wala Von Trapps.. my favourite song is Phoolon ke rang se, dil ki kalam se from Prem Pujari.

 Sadhana, Swathika Kalaivani and Akshaya look on, while Madhan sings.

 Pratyush is entertaining all of us.

 Radhika likes what she sees, and makes good use of the mic.

Long live Karaoke!

No comments:

Fun With Alums- At Home

 Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...

These Were Liked a Lot