On Turning Sixty

 I haven't yet, but will do so in a couple of months. My question to friends on facebook elicited interesting answers to the question about what they would do if they were about to turn 60. 

One said, stop thinking. I thought I had, sometime ago. One pointed out that I was about to become senile (in Hindi, known as sathiya jaana)..my response is, you don't need to be sixty to be senile, some people are able to fast-track the process.

Another said, expand the bucket list. Well, that may just leave you dissatisfied if you happen to kick it too fast, no? But another piece of advice was pretty good- travel. I have tried it, and if you can afford it, it generally works well for many. Problems with mobility can interfere with it after some time too, so maybe that old dream-state of being on a world cruise would work well, to avoid too much movement, and the possibility of being hit by a car.

One suggested running for Prime Minister, no doubt encouraged by Kamala Harris' acchhe din (good days). I think 60 is too young for that in our country, so I'd rather wait. Singing Main jab hoonga saath saal ka, aur tum hogi pachpan ki...a variation of a popular Hindi song, is eminently doable. I am already humming it.

Bryan Adams' 18 till I die was another recommendation. I think 16 is sweeter, but I don't mind 18. Thanks, everyone, for sharing your thoughts.

2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

are you looking for Turn by Turn instructions?

Rajendra said...

To prevent wrong turns..

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot