How Times Have Changed

For the better, I mean.  In my student days, we generally maintained (a safe) distance between ourselves and our teachers..most of the time. I don't remember teachers who were very friendly, either, with one or two exceptions. After my MBA, though, I found Dr. JD Singh who taught us just one course at IIMB, and he was great fun to be with, whenever we met..he went out of his way to meet us whenever any of us visited Delhi. He was the founding Director and Director General of the Jaipuria Institute, NOIDA. After a long stint at IMI, where also I had met him. When I left Ghaziabad/Delhi, I met him last, just before I went to IIM Indore. He was his jolly self, full of beans and humour!

I find my own students a lot more open than I was, to meet and spend time with. I have enjoyed meeting them whenever possible, at a restaurant or at their home or mine. Some, like Tosha Dubey, planned multiple meetings for me and reintroduced me to her IMT mates. Anshita also managed to draw a big crowd of friends when we met last -in Bangalore! Good managers, I'd say! Of course, in ones and twos I have met at least 30-40 students in just the last few years. Some groups in alumni meets too. The pandemic has made it more difficult, but still I met a couple of them one on one, though less often.

I enjoy online banter with quite a few. Great fun to share stories of yesteryears, and of the present, and their future plans..I feel twenty years younger when I am with them. Just had a long phone call with Nishka, a student of Batch 4, from KIAMS, Harihar! She's a (ghost) writer of repute.

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot