One-time Experiences in Life

 Some experiences are once-in-a-lifetime ones, like a visit to a particular place, out of your normal circuit. Here are a few of my experiences.

Scuba-diving. That too, in an exotic place, the Bahamas. Went there with friends in 1987 or so. We got trained by the company's instructor, and then were taken out into the Ocean, where we could do the real thing. Thailand, near Pattaya offers the same, as do a few other destinations. It's worth doing, at least once. Bungee jumping, I don't think I have the stomach for. 

Acting in a play. I had never done it before, but for some reason, my friend Harish, who was directing, called me for an audition, and gave me one of the two lead (male) roles. That remains a cherished experience, back in 1983/84, at IIM Bangalore during my MBA. Since then, I have been a spectator. Watched a couple of excellent plays at IIM Indore staged by another good friend, Shweta Kushal. 

The only other time I have come close to acting was in a video I did on Personal Branding recently. And it was not all acting. At IIMB, I also did Radio Jockeying or RJing (in today's terminology) for a show that my friends had put on the Bangalore Youth channel of All India Radio.

Some destinations that I only visited once have been Brussels, Northwest France (Brittany), Greece, Cambodia, Vietnam and Ladakh and Kashmir in India.



No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot