Friends

This is not about the TV serial, but my friends. Friends are great, for many reasons, and it doesn't matter where they are- next to you, or in another corner of the world, as long as you connect when both are inclined to connect (HMT watches had a slogan once- If you have the inclination, we have THE TIME).

I am energised constantly by my friends-online and offline. It helps to meet sometimes, obviously, but that's not always possible. Where it is, I try, whether it's a work trip or a holiday. Most times, I am able to meet an ex-student, or a friend I haven't met in a while, and share lovely conversations about the good old days. In terms of numbers, many are from IMT Nagpur, my IIM Bangalore batch, Kirloskar Institute, PESIT, IFIM and then, IMT G, IIMK, IIML, VJIM, and of course, IIM Indore (my second longest stint after Kirloskar Institute-I love poha).

Sometimes, we end up playing Golf, but just chats are great too, over a beer or coffee. Sometimes I bug my friends to write cases or give guest lectures (ha, ha, beware!), and some actually oblige. But more often, there's no agenda, it's purely for fun and joy.

Here's to more meetings with friends, or chats online-these happen regularly too. I notice people asking me for advice these days-all that grey hair probably makes them think I know something they don't -wink, wink...

No comments:

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot