Cases I Had Written For Me

 I got this idea first when I was working at KIAMS (Kirloskar Institute). Student projects were converted into cases with a little editing, and used at the end of the chapters in my first book- Marketing Research. Batches 2 and 3 contributed most of them, I think. Students got credit, and added lots of value.

Last year, IIM Indore students contributed in a similar fashion to the fourth edition of Marketing Research. 



Students of various B schools (IMT Nagpur being one) have also contributed to Digital Marketing Cases From India which I co-edited with Romy Saini. This included one based on an IIM Indore award-winning team's documentation of their experience with a small business in Chennai.

I believe cases rooted in India can add lots of value, and students can not just read, but write some too. The burden of writing if shared by teacher and students, is much more productive. IIMK students also wrote some for my Services Marketing book, and some were also about fictitious service businesses! I have also written a couple based on businesses that students started- Golftripz and Ten Motion Arts for example. Another, Euroflex, was about my classmate's company.

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot