Reclusive People

 Harper Lee was one, known only for a couple of books, one of which is a masterpiece. A quote I found online- She still declines most speaking engagements, though, famously stating that “it’s better to be silent than to be a fool.”

J.D. Salinger is another, no idea where he went after The Catcher in the Rye. An online source I found says, Salinger sees publishing as nothing but “a damned interruption’ and claims that “I write just for myself and my own pleasure.”

Lucky Ali is supposed to be one, though he surfaces once in a while and performs at a concert.

Stanley Kubrick, director of 2001: A Space Odessey and A Clockwork Orange was one too, and sometimes pretended to be his own butler to avoid visitors.


No comments:

The Damayanti Damle - Marathi Play Review

 Saw an amazing performance by the lead player in this play.. a superb comedy about domestic issues. It has two daughters-in-law and their M...

These Were Liked a Lot