Reclusive People

 Harper Lee was one, known only for a couple of books, one of which is a masterpiece. A quote I found online- She still declines most speaking engagements, though, famously stating that “it’s better to be silent than to be a fool.”

J.D. Salinger is another, no idea where he went after The Catcher in the Rye. An online source I found says, Salinger sees publishing as nothing but “a damned interruption’ and claims that “I write just for myself and my own pleasure.”

Lucky Ali is supposed to be one, though he surfaces once in a while and performs at a concert.

Stanley Kubrick, director of 2001: A Space Odessey and A Clockwork Orange was one too, and sometimes pretended to be his own butler to avoid visitors.


No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot